Added the ability to import and export camera setup information on Android Vidcam Edition.
Examples uses might be:
- keep a backup of your setup in case your phone is replaced and you install the app fresh. Just import the file into the app and all of your cameras will be setup again automatically.
- you have 2 or more android devices and want to copy the setup from 1 to the other easily. just export from the first device and import into the other.
- you are an integrator and need to keep backup setup files for your customers in case they need the app setup again. have the customer up and running again in less than a minute with their full setup.
- you have a very large setup (say for instance five 16 channel dvr = 80 cameras). you can setup quickly via file and just import into the android device without having to go through GUI.
- Youtube Instructional Video Link Here:
- File: The import/export file is called TotalControl.tvb. It can be opened, edited, etc. in any file editor like notepad.exe for instance.
- http:// link to file. host the file on a webserver and point to it in the app. Good example place might be dropbox.com in the Public Folder. Just upload to there, copy the public link, and use it in the app to download setup.
- You can export the setup either locally or to remote communication options. Some examples are:
- Local: SD Card. Will save TotalControl.tvb to folder called TotalControl on SD Card.
- Email: will attach file to email
- Registered 3rd party export application: Some 3rd party applications register themselves as general export options. A good example of this is dropbox. If you have dropbox app installed on the android device it will automatically post to your dropbox account if you choose this option.