|Remote Edition: Full Custom Learn Remote Tutorial|
Remote Edition: Full Custom Learn Remote Tutorial
This is a step by step tutorial on how to learn a full custom remote into the application.
The application currently supports a preset GUI for the following device types. You can learn any IR command to any button(s) for these device types however they have a pre-designed GUI for each type.
The supported device types are:
TV, Cable, Video Accessory, Satellite, VCR-DVR, Laser Disc, DVD, AV Receiver, Audio Amplifier, CD, & Home Control
To add a custom learned remote:
1. Open the application and drill down to the subsection for 'User Devices'. Click the + sign on the top right to add a new device.
2. Fill out the basic information for that device.
3. For the 'Device Configuration' section you will need to choose the following:
4. Save the device. This will take you back to the 'User Devices' screen. Click the blue arrow to the right of the device you want to learn to go back into the edit screen for that device.
5. Click the 'Edit' button on the top right to be able to edit the device properties.
6. Scroll to the bottom of the edit device page and click the blue 'Learn Keys' button.
7. This will take you into a blank template screen for the device type you selected. The template will show all buttons that are available to be learned for that device type. Wait until the circle loading icon dissapears as this is when the application is connecting to the bitwise unit and instructing it to learn commands.
8. Once the loading circle dissappears you can now proceed to learn buttons. To do so press any button on the GUI to learn that button. Once you press a button you will be notified by the application that the bitwise unit is ready to learn a command.
9. At this time you need to take your real remote control, point it at the bitwise IR learner (the white bulb on the edge of the box), and press the key on the real remote control that you want to learn.
10. At this point one of two results may happen.
12. If the IR command was NOT learned successfully you will need to troubleshoot. Common troubleshooting tips:
14. Once you are done learning all of the keys click the 'Back' button on the top left of the main GUI screen to go back to the 'Device Edit' screen.
15. Now scroll to the top of the page and click the 'Update' button on the top right to save everything.
16. You should now see your learned device in the 'User Devices' list. Click on the device to enter the control GUI for the device.
17. You should now see the learned buttons in the GUI and be able to control your learned full custom remote control. If you have any questions or issues please contact support directly. The typical support options are email, chat room, phone, forum, etc.